For me no bake cheesecakes are the way to go on most occasions. While I love a good baked version from time to time, no bake is just easier and way less work. That just works better for me.
I swear I think cheesecake might qualify as a food group. It’s the perfect food after all. Creamy and light, full of delicious flavors ranging from fruit to chocolate. It’s sheer perfection.
I have to say I like all flavors of cheesecake. Blueberry, raspberry, cherry, lemon, strawberry, chocolate, you name it I’ve made it. In fact I’ve likely made multiple versions of some.
Cheesecake is an easy go-to recipe when you have company or want to bring something to an event. It’s easy to make, it goes a long way and it’s a total crowd pleaser.
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (450 ml) cherry pie filling
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the graham crumbs and butter. Mix until combined. Pour into baking dish, and press down to form the crust.
- In a mixer using the paddle attachment combine the cream cheese and the sugar. Mix until it becomes light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the heavy cream on low at first, then increase speed to high. Mix until the heavy cream becomes whipped cream. It should for peaks.
- Pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix on high until combined. Scoop into the baking dish and smooth out with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling out evenly over the top. Smooth out carefully.
- Pop the dish in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Remove and cut into squares.
- Serve with a big old cherry cheesecake loving smile!