Serves: Makes 2 cups or 8 (1/4-cup) servings.
5 mins Prep time 15 mins Cook time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Mix sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Add cranberries, cinnamon and orange peel; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until cranberries burst and sauce begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make Ahead: Cranberry sauce can be prepared up to 1 week ahead. Store in refrigerator. Stir before serving.
Gingered Orange Cranberry Sauce: Prepare as directed, using 1/2 teaspoon each McCormick® Ground Ginger and McCormick® Pure Orange Extract in place of the cinnamon, grated orange peel and vanilla.