These one-bowl pumpkin apple muffins include plenty of pumpkin puree and sautéed cinnamon apples. Plus, they’re vegan, ridiculously moist and positively scrumptious.
Recipe type: Muffin
Serves: 12 muffins
- 1 cup unbleached flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats + extra for topping
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon + more for apples
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare flax egg in a large bowl and set aside.
- Sautee apples in a skillet with non-dairy butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon until soft. Set aside.
- Add pumpkin puree, almond milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract to the flax egg. Carefully place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a sifter and sift over wet ingredients and stir.
- Add apples and oats and stir again lightly until just combined. Spoon into muffin tin until each liner is filled to the very top. Sprinkle oats on top (optional).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and then store in an air-tight container and refrigerate to ensure freshness.
*Depending on the moisture level of your apples/pumpkin puree, if your batter appears to thin add more flour or oats. Alternatively, if it appears too thick add more almond milk.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 122 Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: .9 g Carbohydrates: 20 gSugar: 9.6 g Sodium: 78 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 2 g